Here’s what’s happening in the world of Search
- Google does change the real time search results based on your word order. If you want to be found for: red wine, make sure you tweet using both red wind and wine red. Possibly in 2 different tweets.
- How to turn personalizedÂ search off if needed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKuG2M6R4VM&feature=player_embedded
- If you want to search for PowerPoint presentations give SlideFinder a try. I have tried it myself and found it very useful.
- Yahoo Search Marketing now allows you to import Adwords PPC campaigns. It makes sense so that you do not duplicate your work to get only 10% increase in traffic.
- According to Nielsenâ€™s research Google has more than 72% of “Search” market share. Other sources were giving Facebook more page views than Google. In all fairness we have to say that the 2 things are not related because you go to Google to search for information and to Facebook to socialize.
- A good way to have your tweets showing up in the Google SERPS (Search engine results pages) is to have more and better followers than your competitors.
- From Google apps: :Weâ€™re happy to announce that over the next few weeks we will be rolling out the ability to upload, store and organize any type of file in Google Docs. (Jan 12 2010)”
That’s it for today.
Happy Sunday !